Career Development & Volunteer
If your student is interested in or signed up for the work-study/internship program, you may learn more and view their weekly assignments here. Any questions regarding the program can be directed to Cathy Grady (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Work Permit age 14-17
Work Permit Application here.
Please complete the work permit application accessible at the link above and return to the Main Office for completion. Forms are also available in the main office.
Wahconah, in conjunction with MassHire, held its first Community Career Fair on November 23rd, 2022 and it was a great success!
We hosted over 35 representatives from different organizations and businesses around Central Berkshire and Pittsfield, MA who shared their career experiences.
It was an excellent opportunity for students to meet a variety of employers and schools in our area and hear about jobs opportunities. The Career Fair provided an excellent chance for students to explore new possibilities and options for their futures that they may not have previously considered. Representatives gave live advice on what to do if students thought their work environment would be a good match.
Many students also signed up to participate in mock interviews with a panel of community volunteers. They were given tips and tricks during the practice and helpful feedback afterwards.
The 35+ representatives covered careers in:
Agriculture; Food & Natural Resources; Architecture and Construction; Arts; A/V Technology & Communications; Business / Marketing; Health and Science; Hospitality; Human Services / Education; Municipal Services; and Skilled /Technical Professions
Students were encouraged to explore all of the options presented to them, keep an open mind, represent themselves well and make connections to potential future career partners.
READ YOUR EMAILS!
The College and Career Center sends out emails throughout the school year with employment and volunteer opportunities.
Previous opportunities have included:
- Free Manufacturing Training through Berkshire Works
- Virtual Career Days
- Journalism Internship with Becket Beat
- Job Shadow Day
- Laborers Apprenticeship Program
- Volunteer at Camp Casco in Hinsdale
- Volunteer at Berkshire HorseWorks
- Summer Jobs at Tanglewood
- Summer Camp Cook at Becket Chimney Corners
- Wahconah Country Club Course Maintenance Positions
- Volunteer at It Takes a Village
- Tour of Crane Currency and discuss Job Opportunities
- Summer Job at Notchview
- Paid Internship at Berkshire Arts Center
- Jobs at the Dalton Restaurant
- Employment with Positive Behavior Support
- Job opening at Tina's Kiddie Junction in Hinsdale
- Summer Job with Mr. or Mrs. Hiser
Contact Mrs. Grady in the College and Career Center with any questions.